FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tired of the HUCA game? Then this post is for you!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:18 am
jaysona

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by somedude3210
I thought HUCA was for situations of agents not knowing policy (or not knowing how to do something), rather than them refusing to violate policy? Eg. I work at an AC call centre and you're wrong.
You would that that would be the case, but sadly it is not also so. There are many posts here where people have mentioned that they just HUCA until they get what they want. I have heard many stories from agents where the caller always states something along the lines of "well you did it for me the last time"

Some of the sharper agents ask for the previous PNR/ticket number, and some of the n000bish passengers actually provide that information, thereby giving the agent all the information needed to let the passenger know that a policy was previously violated.

True there are agents that really don't know much about the rules, but from what I hear, that tends to be the case less often than needy baby, greedy baby types calling in to get things done that are against policy - sadly.