FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:37 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If the restaurant is part of the hotel's restaurants & not a 3rd party one & you charge the dinner to your room, you should receive points for the spend. Autograph Collection properties you get 10pts/$$ on all spend, not just room only.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi

Cheers.
Ah, well, your reply makes sense from both a commercial points of view (encouraging guests to spend money on high-margin items at a property) and a loyalty point of view (encouraging us to turn up in the first place).

However, I eventually found an email address for The Majestic and they have just replied. Apparently not. Contango is very much their own buffet restaurant however no F&B spend there qualifies for Reward Points. Just the basic room rate.

This may be normal for Marriott hotels I don't know. I'm an SPG crossover and we get points on pretty much all spend at any brand of hotel and even get points on F&B when we're not staying (the exceptions being F&B outlets that are clearly not managed by the hotel or on-site activities that can be charged to the room like diving provided by third parties). I look forward to this brave, new mean-spirited future with dread.