FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:40 pm
dave1013

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Just an experiential comment re my SEA-JNU flight today in F. It was the midday (75) flight and the meal was the chicken salad sandwich. I didn't want that and asked the F/A if I could have the fruit and cheese plate. He said sure, but for a price. Ms. dave1013 was sitting next to me, listening to the conversation, and asked the F/A if the charge would apply for a MM. He said no, and also that he hadn't checked his handheld before taking drink and meal orders. He apologized profusely and gladly brought me up a comp F&CP later on in the flight. I wasn't aware of this particular perk but am glad that my wife was! Of course, she had to bogart some of the grapes.....

When he initially turned down my request, he mentioned that there was a company exec on the plane and he had to follow the rules without exception. So I wonder if his initial answer would have been different had the bigwig not been on the plane. An IOU for a later flight.....

Last edited by dave1013; Feb 21, 2017 at 5:40 pm Reason: she, not he