FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to deal with TK during Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:39 pm
MightyTravels
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by DUSTraveller
Hi forum, hope anyone can provide some advice here:
I was booked on a flight from ARN-IST-SFO on March 13. TK has now decided that there will be no flight IST-SFO on March 13, so they have booked me onto the IST-SFO flight on March 14, resulting in a night layover in IST.

However, I really need to be in SFO on March 13 - there is no flight one day earlier, so that isn't an option either.

So far, every call center agent has refused to book me onto a SAS flight from ARN to SFO or even a TK flight ARN-IST-LAX and then on to SFO with e.g. UNITED (all Star Alliance members).
What I have seen in the past, companies like BA and LH certainly re-book customers within the alliance, so I am surprised TK doesn't do that.

Does anyone have any experience or any advice where to find helpful agents within TK?
Thank you!
TK just cancelled my flight as well from SFO in March. It was an award ticket and UA rerouted me. I assume you have a paid ticket?

TK is known to be terrible with changes even after messing up my itinerary - try calling the outstations in other countries (i.e. Asia) this often works.