FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qr: Hbe-sin $1,068 rt
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:30 pm
GingerAroundTheWorld

Originally Posted by bison1847
I'm actually sitting in HBE right now, to positing for one of the deals that was around last month.

Took a taxi from CAI takes about 3 hours (an Egyptian friend recommended getting from one of the desks there) to get to HBE. The lounge here is horrible no food or drink but a nice lady came and brought us a stale sandwich and cappuccino. The taxi with a 2 hour stop at the pyramids was 68 usd not cheap for Egypt but not a bad deal.

the check in staff are a bit in unwilling to bend any rules as my carry on bag was 5kg over (they said 2 bags at 10kg wax for Biz) and as I had only 1 I thought why would it be a problem. Anyways after arguing and even talking to the supervisor I know have a trash bag (my second bag) with exactly 5kg of clothes in it and that's ok apparently. As I have a 7 hr 45 minute layover tonight in Doha I wanted to have my clothes. I literally had 6 flights in the pst 3 days all on Qatar and never once did they care.

did I mention I'm on the a380 in first Tommorow morning. I have a great first class experience with my trash bag full of clothes 😜

Anyways the lounges here are crap and security actually seems tougher then cairo, HBE is a small airport looks like 10 gates maybe.
Lol did you do an around the world trip on qatar?
At least you have enough time to enjoy the First Class lounge in Doha then ^. I did that a380 First last month, showed up in the most casual outfit, love it when people are showing off, touching their fancy watch, looking over their sunglasses, flashing their expensive suit. Then I passed them by on the way to First Class wearing my sneakers :-D You beat me on the trash bag full clothes though, got to remember that! Best to keep an eye on the bag, the airline might think those are the used blankets from the previous flight :-P

Sorry for off topic, btw Cairo etc is safe, just annoying tourist industry (not to be confused with the real people), be ready to be ripped of from start till finish (unless you take an uber back to the airport, where you might experience another act of hospitality at the security where some dudes might ask you money. Or the checkin counter of Qatar might give you a business ticket instead of a first, I found out just before customs and ran back: "ooops, i did not see that, sorry sir, here is your first class ticket". Enjoy your caviar breakfast, I loved it :-)