FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:17 pm
brettsir

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Might as well chime in here....
All of the AA agents I've interacted with at LAX have been more than pleasant (Though they have all been L-AA as t6/5 is extra walking so maybe different cultures??idk żż)

Upon receiving your LAX SIDA badge you are told not to photograph it, or allow others to photograph it.

Most airlines require only first name to be provided to guests as the popularity of social media and other online resources has made it incredibly easy for employees to become targets of harassment if their full name is provided.

Additionally most airlines ask that employees refrain from photographing or allowing others to photograph their company badge.

Seeing how both badges contain information that is not necessary for the guest, as well as opens up the agent to the whole photos thing, tucking their badge into their shirt is completely normal in that situation.

All that being said if the agent was speaking to you in an unsavoury manor that should be escalated to a lead/sup immediately. Delaying until post trip basically becomes he said she said and will most likely get nowhere.

Also if you could let me know the SSR edit for those educated at Ivy League schools that would be awesome.

Last edited by brettsir; Feb 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm