FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:53 pm
ffman999

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by airlinemileswhore
Date of Flight: 2/16
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 771 DCA-PDX
Time of Departure: 5:15pm
Length of flight: 5hr20mins
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water
Meal served: Chicken or Cod
Meal Description: Arugula salad with grilled pears was way to sour. I choose the cod which wasn't half bad. It came with scalloped potatoes which were very cheesy (can't go wrong with cheese) and the lovely red chard (which I avoided because of the onions in it). Dessert was a mini cupcake and a strawberry. Service was great as my glass was never empty (and thanks to the person who posted about the hazelnut vodka and baileys!!).

Date of Flight: 2/20
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 764 PDX-DCA
Time of Departure: 10:00am
Length of flight: 4hr20mins
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water and surprising they were doing an actual PDB service - I just got coffee but saw others with mixed drinks
Meal served: Chicken or Tortellini
Meal Description: Sitting in 3F, didn't have a choice so ended up with the tortellini. Started with another arugula salad with squash or something. I didn't touch that. The tortellini had sausage and plenty of shaved parm but very little sauce (I wouldn't call it sauce as it was pastey). It was OK. Dessert was a large warm chocolate muffin with fresh whipped cream. DELISH!! Great service again.

One thing I did notice is since AK has gone to 12 first seats, service isn't as attentive since there is now only 1 FA for the cabin. I noticed a difference when seated in 1A vs 3F. Don't get me wrong, service was great but my glass was empty for longer periods sitting in 3F.
Did they do the snack basket? Have F this week between SEA-KOA and back, and haven't seen it recently. So just curious.