FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:03 am
WiscAZ

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Mdg1775
DD actually yelled at me and told me to f*** off under her breath.
There are always two sides of the story. Not saying OP isn't telling the truth but we've seen others come on this board and "stretch" the truth a bit to make an upsetting situation seem like a personal attack. When I saw in the subject "Agent swore at me" I immediately wondered what really happened here. Then in the thread it states that the Agent didn't actually swear at the OP but swore "under her breath". Which is it? If she did say what you said she did then I understand your frustration as that is not acceptable conduct.

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I do think it is very common that many companies will not discuss specific personnel matter with customers.
In a former life, I managed a team of customer service reps who dealt primarily with customers over the phone. We'd regularly get complaints that a Rep would say stuff that was not acceptable. Sometimes it was true, sometimes it was embellished (luckily we could pull phone calls). While we regularly would move forward with disciplinary actions if necessary, we would always tell the customer that we were taking actions but any specifics beyond that would not be discussed with the customer.

It seems like OPs e-mail back was more than the generic response so all OP can hope is that the station manager discusses the situation in more detail and works with that agent.