FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Essex House, New York City (Manhattan) [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:18 am
dc2005b

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I was also here this weekend, booked on points and received no upgrade as Plat. They were selling Junior Suites and regular rooms until day before arrival but slowly dwindled to nothing and was told they ultimately sold out. I was doing express checkout on the tv and saw the rewards redemption room charge listed as $353 which was about $31 more than they were selling the room for, thought that was interesting.

My King room had a window into the internal courtyard and supposedly was the biggest in the category but agree things were a little dated. The carpet did not seem very clean and the shades/blinds were frayed around edges but the bed was nice, bathroom was clean and I didn't hear any noise from outside. I agree with Kacee about the difficult light switches, just replace them with regular ones.

Instead of thinking lounge, think decent but very busy cafeteria! The front desk was nice to mention at check in to go early as it gets very crowded towards the end and they weren't kidding. It is not open in evening on Friday or Saturday, just for breakfast.

Overall, a fine stay with good location but I will try someplace else next time.

Last edited by dc2005b; Feb 21, 2017 at 9:21 am Reason: Edited to add they nicely allowed early check in at 1:30pm and pro-actively offered late check out which wasn't needed.