FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:20 am
airlinemileswhore

DCA-PDX and back

Date of Flight: 2/16
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 771 DCA-PDX
Time of Departure: 5:15pm
Length of flight: 5hr20mins
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water
Meal served: Chicken or Cod
Meal Description: Arugula salad with grilled pears was way to sour. I choose the cod which wasn't half bad. It came with scalloped potatoes which were very cheesy (can't go wrong with cheese) and the lovely red chard (which I avoided because of the onions in it). Dessert was a mini cupcake and a strawberry. Service was great as my glass was never empty (and thanks to the person who posted about the hazelnut vodka and baileys!!).

Date of Flight: 2/20
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 764 PDX-DCA
Time of Departure: 10:00am
Length of flight: 4hr20mins
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water and surprising they were doing an actual PDB service - I just got coffee but saw others with mixed drinks
Meal served: Chicken or Tortellini
Meal Description: Sitting in 3F, didn't have a choice so ended up with the tortellini. Started with another arugula salad with squash or something. I didn't touch that. The tortellini had sausage and plenty of shaved parm but very little sauce (I wouldn't call it sauce as it was pastey). It was OK. Dessert was a large warm chocolate muffin with fresh whipped cream. DELISH!! Great service again.

One thing I did notice is since AK has gone to 12 first seats, service isn't as attentive since there is now only 1 FA for the cabin. I noticed a difference when seated in 1A vs 3F. Don't get me wrong, service was great but my glass was empty for longer periods sitting in 3F.