FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:05 am
Mdg1775

LAX Ticket Agents rude and swore at me

Trip through LAX in return to DC from Laguna Beach. I asked one question this morning and three of AA ticket counter agents went off on me. DD actually yelled at me and told me to f*** off under her breath. Then C. came over and said she saw what happened, and that's DD (laughingly, as if it were some inside joke), but C said she cannot do anything because she is DDs coworker and not a supervisor. Then, an Asian lady came over and said she was a supervisor. I asked her name and she refused. I asked to see her TWIC ID (transportation worker identification) and she tucked it into her vest (TSA and DOT will be interested in hearing about this, especially if that's what AA is teaching them to do).

After I got the earful from the three ladies I just walked away. C. tried to follow me and keep talking, but I departed and got away from them. I did not want to have to suffer a one-way conversation where insult and belittling is what happens. I am a wounded warrior and Harvard alum, AND A CUSTOMER. Why should I be made to feel I cannot ask a simple question like "can I use the machine to change seats or do I see a gate agent?" C., after she begrudgingly gave me her name, said they are TAUGHT to be aggressive and that AA is going to give her a bonus for keeping the line moving. I believe her. I am sorry I did not video the conversation. My wife is flying later today, I have told her and will tell my thousands of LinkedIn associates to capture their encounter with AA Reps on video.

Again, C., DD, and the unidentified lady will probably be lauded for wait times or some other metric. They should assess how many customers take their business elsewhere. I have five trips this year that I'm taking to United or Delta, their competition.

Anyone have similar experience? Is this the accepted culture at LAX?

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 21, 2017 at 8:19 am Reason: Redacted employee names per FlyerTalk Rules