FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account audit / blocked / fraud: award / miles / SWU / sale, barter, etc.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:04 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Snowycali
If anyone here could offer some advice/assistance with contact information for executive and management personal I can write to, to plead for assistance, it would be appreciated. This guy from corporate security has ignored any requests for information.

My AAdvantage account, as well as that of a close friend of mine, were suspended and then deleted by an employee of American Airlines Corporate Security, with NO EVIDENCE of any wrongdoing by me. About a week before this began, I had been given a SWU from a girlfriend of mine who is an Executive Platinum. This was given as a gift and no money changed hands for this upgrade.

On Feb. 10th, I was contacted by someone claiming to be from corporate security department, accusing me of an unidentified violation of the AAdvantage program. This person refused to provide any details of exactly what I had done wrong and demanded I provide information such as “seller contact information” and “form of payment”. I had been accused of committing some kind of fraud against American without any information being presented.

Myself and the other person, complied to the best of our ability to answer his questions and provided evidence to support our statements. My responses that countered the accusations of guilt that the agent were making were ignored.

I have learned that my friend had tried to sell two of her VIP upgrades only a week earlier, which was the genesis of this situation. She is an Executive Platinum and had a couple SWU that were going to be expiring soon according to her. I took no part in her sale and have been persecuted simply for my relationship to her.

After a few days of this continuing ordeal, demanding to know who this person answered to and the contact information for his office, all we received were generic form emails saying our accounts were deleted. All I got was this stupid form letter after going back and forth:

What is so ridiculous about this is that i provided photographic evidence that we had been texting and she offered the upgrade to me as a gift. I had answered as many of his list of questions that I could to the best of my abilities. This guy is claiming that i was unwilling to cooperate because i could not answer what the "sellers website" was or an "invoice of the sale". I have been flying exclusively on American for years and i cant believe this is happening over something so stupid that i was not even involved in.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm very confused. How many different people are involved here?

The first paragraph after the bold refers to "a close friend of mine" and "a girlfriend of mine."

The third paragraph talks of "the other person."

Finally the fourth paragraph says "my friend" and then "my relationship to her." [Did one of the OP's (blood) relatives suddenly appear in the story? Normally one would say "relationship with someone" if the someone is a significant other.]

I suspect that these are all the same individual, despite the mention of EXP status twice, for a girlfriend and then for the friend who might be a relative.