FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:15 am
User Name

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by User Name
I'm considering a 5-night stay in May with my wife and daughter.

I've just read about the Ambassador program, and was considering signing up to that to get a better room. My plan had been to book a Club Duplex Suite in order to be upgraded to a Balinese suite.

When doing a search for my dates I see that no Balinese Suites show up. I assume this would mean that they are sold out. I am aware there are only 4 of the type.

How would Ambassador benefits come into play in this situation?

I see that Uluwatu Suites (and above) are now excluded from the Ambassador upgrade program. Does this mean that if I book the Club Duplex no upgrade would be given?

Also does this mean that if I simply paid for the Uluwatu Suite (and was an Ambassador), then being an Ambassador member would have no benefit in this situation?

Thanks in advance.
Quoting my own post to give further information. I'd be grateful for anyone's experience on this.

I wrote to the hotel as follows:

I am considering booking a King Club Intercontinental Duplex, checking in on [date] and out on [date] using Ambassador status.

Could you please advise what room type I would be upgraded into on those dates?
Here is their response.

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort.

Thank you for your email and if you make the booking in our Club Room and as part of Ambassador membership benefit, your room will be upgrade to Club Duplex Suite Room.

Mr. Roberts, could you please advise us if you done make the room reservation? therefore we could check in our system

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.
Aren't these the same room type? I'm confused.