FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:08 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Out of curiosity, do you check the seat maps too? I'm wondering in those cases where you cleared upon phoning in, were any of those cases where the seat map did not already show one of the hallmarks of having cleared the list?
Originally Posted by Zorak
Mentioned in the wiki of the SDC thread:

Switching EWR-MSP-LAX to JFK-LAX is asking for coterminal change, with international legs remaining, and going from a connection to a non-stop (I realize you're connecting onward from LAX but some agents balk at anything that changes the # of stops) so that would be quite the trifecta if you are able to pull it off -- good luck! And report back
However it's not a change to nonstop, unless the JFK-LAX and LAX-SYD flight share the same number. However it would be an exception to the international policy. However I find in general if done before checking bags there's better luck. At the airport would be no issue. However since also need a co-term change it would require being done over the phone.