FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reasons to visit HK
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:57 am
wco81
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
If it were only that simple. Lot of things HK does well, which is why it's so wealthy. Innovation isn't one of them.

BTW, had about an 18-hour layover in HK before taking return flight.

It was fairly clear around 3 PM so thought I'd take the tram up to the Peak. By the time I arrived, around 4:30 PM, the line was crazy. Went all the way to the back of the parking lot and then right across the street from the ticket office, it was packed back and forth.

I'd taken the tram twice before and the line was never this bad.

Now, maybe the capacity of the tram wouldn't accommodate trying to improve throughput. One thing is they don't take credit cards. Fine, how about letting people tap their Octopus cards? No, you have to wait in line in order to buy tickets with the Octopus card.

Again, maybe they're stowing the customers behind the parking spaces because there's no room by the tram anyways and they can't load them fast enough.

But then someone started going around and offering "express" package that let you jump the queue if you bought various packages which include the wax museum. These packages were 315 and 335 HKD or about 8-9 times the normal tram return fare of 45 HKD.

I bailed after 15 minutes, headed towards LKF to get a bite.