FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:56 am
reclusive46

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
UK-related question about updating passport details in GOES after renewing UK passport, first time doing so since getting GE. Got a new passport today and will be able to update document details in GOES tomorrow (seems you can't do it on the day of issuance). The help pages say that you need to attend an enrollment center if the issuing authority has changed, and this field cannot be changed by the user in GOES.

Both my previous and new passport were issued in exactly the same place (personal applications at London passport office), but at some point in the last10 years, they have changed the name of the Issuing Authority printed in the passport from UKPA to HMPO. Issuing country is of course still UK.

Will I need to go to an enrollment center and get this changed in my GOES account, or will the naming issue be ignored?

Also, as I need to apply for a new ESTA, is there a need to wait for any period of time after updating the passport details in the GOES account? The ESTA application requires the GE membership number, so I guess they need to tally and not sure if I should wait or if systems will update instantly. Don't think the above issuing authority question will be an issue, as the ESTA application does not ask for that.

Appreciate if anyone has any experience of these points. Thanks.
Don't worry about the issuing authority name. It's not even stored on the machine readable data which the GE kiosk uses. When I asked they said it doesn't matter either as it's still the same organisation.

You can do the ESTA before you update GE. It just checks the name and DOB match.