FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expanding Copa Club PTY
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:24 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I like a real chair and desk, so the "improvements" to the club make me less inclined to visit. I really dislike the laptop bar. They had Herman Miller chairs in the old business center. How was this supposed to be better again?

Restrooms are the same size as the original capacity club, and they outgrew that years ago. No real food. The line to check into the club often extends back to the undersized elevator, as the agents who check us in are the same as those who help resolve issues.
I'll have to try the new setup to actually decide, unless I have my butt in a chair or on a stool etc, and my elbows placed, I can't decide! I didn't love their chairs before, but they were adequate so I was fine with em.

I will say the bathrooms suck. I've never tried to shower there because I'm usually connecting to a short flight and don't really have a need for the shower, but the bathrooms are way too small. IIRC like 2-3 stalls, 2-3 urinals. The place should probably have another one that size at the other end of the room. The lack of food bothers me, but then I always just figured that was a cue from the old UA relationship, it's UA Club style, crackers, apples, cheese etc. Though, they have doritos usually, which is awesome. PTY is horribly expensive and limited for food/seating so it would be nice if they even offered some finger sandwiches or something.

I've never had a big issue with the line, but then I also speak spanish, it seems like all of the desk agents speak english, but to differing degrees. Then you get passengers coming in from germany or wherever abroad that speak english to another degree and I find that the interactions at the desk often take far too long. Usually I greet them with a friendly "hola buenas tardes" they swipe me in and I walk away, but there's times you see long winded explanations and whatnot which are a bit cringeworthy. For whatever reason I've never really noticed that anywhere else other than PTY and to a much lesser extent BOG.