FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding a return to a 241 - actual experience
Old Feb 19, 2017, 5:53 pm
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Just added a return in for a 241 to Cape Town for mum and dad. Not a very satisfactory experience, all in all.

Called the USA number at 11.58pm UK time
Agent seemed unsure of himself, and said he couldn't deal with the matter as my parents are Bronze, and this was the Blue line
He gave me another number in the States to call, but there was a recorded message saying that this number was not available.
It is now 12.04 and I'm stressing, knowing how fast CPT redemption seats go.
I ring back, and the same agent goes off to speak to a manager, then returns and reluctantly agrees to do it. I am told in no uncertain terms that he shouldn't be doing this, I should instead be ringing the UK number after 6am, even if this means the seats won't be there any more. When I counter this, he says he should know as 'I work here mate'. He does, so I let it go.
Process takes over 30 minutes.
Finally I can't choose seats for Mum and Dad until it is ticketed, and he tells me this is done by departure date so may be some time.

As a take away from this:

a) According to this agent (and presumably his manager) adding a return to a 241 shouldn't be done from offices abroad
b) Seats can't be selected until the flights are ticketed, and as this is done by departure dates this may not be for ages.

I'm a little confused as I've read so many accounts on here about BA offices abroad happily adding returns to 241s.
thanks for sharing your experience. It is understandable, although maybe unforgivable, that this is large variation in the service your receive within a single call center, let alone between call centers.

Hopefully, your seats will be ticketed this week and you can select your seats.