FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:29 pm
naeglerian

Programs: UA Kayaker and LVF, OZ Carbonesque
Agree on Price Issue

Having just completed a round trip flight on the nonstop SFO-SIN service, I agree that SQ's premium economy is a bit overpriced. I was fortunate to have purchased my ticket during a fare sale (less than 1200 USD SFO-BKK), but at the current rate of 2400 USD, business class appears a much nicer proposition at 4300. I suppose one could argue that this is SQ's plan, but then why even have a premium economy class? Alternatively, I could fly EVA in PEY for less than 1300 USD, or Asiana in business for 3200.

I have never had the opportunity to fly PEY on other SQ planes, but the A350 is somewhat cramped for 2-4-2 seating, considering that the A350 is only 6 inches wider than the 787, and BA and NH have 2-3-2 seating in PEY on their 787s.

Regarding the curtain, having it closed may have helped to mitigate some of the Y bulkhead baby noise, which I encountered on both flights.

The overall product is by no means terrible, but I wouldn't go out of my way to fly it, especially given the current prices.