FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:33 pm
dibby

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
This is how it worked at SFO with SXM

Got to the Rental Car Centre just after midnight after a flight arrived 2 1/2 hours late (had updated my reservation for the late arrival)) Name was on the board, directed to Gold section. Reserved D class with SXM.

Told to look for a hang tag indicating that the car had SXM. Had to wander up and down the Gold aisles full of C class cars, none of which had an SXM tag. One of the employees helped me look - he didn't find anything either.

Went back to the Gold customer service desk. They hunted around on the computer to find a car with SXM - "upgraded" to a Hyundai Sonata or a Malibu.

Took the 2016 22,000 mile Malibu.

So, SXM may be an issue.

Originally Posted by mozilla
How does Hertz Ultimate Choice work with SXM?

I always select SiriusXM when I reserve a car. How can I make sure that I select a car with SiriusXM under Hertz Ultimate Choice, apart from opening every desired car and checking if it has SXM or not (which may be hard/impossible to judge due to lack of SXM reception in the garages)?

What happens if I selected SXM in my reservation and picked a car without SXM? Will I still be charged the fee?

What about the reverse situation? You didn't reserve SXM but you pick (unknowingly or not) an Ultimate Choice car which has SXM. Will the SXM fee be tacked on to your rental record?