FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay off Credit Card with Money Order?
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:17 am
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
No definitive answer - it may or it may not. Each institution has its own tolerance toward money orders. One time may be safe, but repeated times much less so.

Originally Posted by abeautifulday365
I know this must have been answered a million times over, but haven't found it by searching the forums.

Is it fine to pay my credit card bill via money order, as long as I don't make a habit of it?

I used Plastiq to make a mortgage payment by credit card, with the idea that I would then pay off the credit card with the money in my bank account. However, the Plastiq payment never arrived (it's still out there, somewhere), causing me to have to drain my bank account to cover the mortgage.

Meanwhile, the credit card payment is coming due, and the only money left to pay it is in cash. I want to avoid depositing the cash to my bank account. The only option left is to send a money order to my credit card company before the card due date. Does this raise any red flags? All of my other payments have been online via my bank account.

Thanks for humoring my paranoid noob posts! Everyone has been helpful and really great!