FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infinite / Automatic Scroll: issues, q&a, disable on desktop version
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:16 pm
xooz

I continue to get reverted back to the infinite scroll option. My current MyFlyertalk options are:
- Forum Skin = FT Desktop
- Never go to mobile skin is checked
- Disable desktop infinite scroll is checked

Using Firefox I have cleared all cookies and history, yet I log in and go immediately into infinite scroll mode. Once selecting FT Desktop mode, I will get reverted back to infinite scroll mode within a couple of clicks.

My usual FT access method is to open FT, click new posts, log in, the scan new posts and select posts of interest. I have done this as well as logged in before clicking on New Posts with no difference. Often, the change occurs when I open a thread from the New Posts list...

While one hates to complain about free services, this has been poorly deployed and the benefits for the user seem non-existent. I can only imagine this is some preliminary step into forced presentation of advertisements somehow, but maybe I am a little paranoid.

Thanks in advance for any advice on what modifications I can make to get back to normal surfing.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 19, 2017 at 9:52 pm Reason: Edited out references not permitted