FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat cushion completely missing
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:08 pm
AirNurse

Again, thank you all for following along and offering your advice, wisdom, and support.

The response was certainly crafted using the BA "script" and absolutely 100% does not take any responsibility for what happened -- they don't even acknowledge what my complaint was, though the agent on the phone clarified the issue with me at length.

Given that you all have such a vast amount of knowledge and experience, is there any way that there could possibly NOT be engineering records to support my complaint??? I'm just aghast that BA would treat me this way if there were evidence that supported my claim, which there certainly should be if BA is as rigorous in keeping those records as they should be. Is it appropriate to tell CR that I would very much like to know the detailed results of their investigation?

I don't like operating on the level of making nasty threats, but I would like to politely inform them that I will be drafting a complaint to the CAA, since their own internal investigation seemed to be inadequate.

As for whether or not we would use a voucher, I honestly don't know! We have another UK trip in the works for July, so obviously we would have an opportunity to use a voucher -- I just don't know that I want to take the chance of something of this magnitude happening again, or want to give my business to an airline that has treated us so poorly. Virgin may not have the same prestige as BA, but I've always been provided with a seat cushion

This is the email I received this morning:

Dear Mrs S.,

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me last week. Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you. As previously mentioned, I'd asked for the crew to come back to me and I was waiting for their replies.

When we find out something's gone wrong we do everything we can to fix it. We're very grateful you've taken the time to let us know what happened, as it's only through your comments we're able to focus on areas where we need to improve. I hope my call reassured you we've taken your feedback seriously and has been followed up by my colleagues.

I've had another look at the issues you've told us about and I've arranged for a small gesture of goodwill for Francis and Caitlin. I've added 5,000 Avios to each of their Executive Club accounts, they are sent with my compliments. Subject to availability, they can put their Avios towards future bookings or use them to upgrade the class of travel next time they fly with us. They can also be used for hotels and car hire. Please visit www.ba.com/executiveclub to find out more.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We value your support as a Blue member of our Executive Club. I hope we can welcome you and your family on board again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly by using the blue link below if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards,

Xxx