FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa, Doha, Qatar [Master Thread]
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:24 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Just completed another stay at this hotel and found it to be... quite a mixed bag.

Good Platinum recognition at check-in as always and even recognized by face/name by many of the staff. Upgraded to a Junior Studio on the fifth floor [beware; this room overlooks a dead terrace and the atrium skylight so NO VIEWS AT ALL] which was very spacious and in good condition with a platter of dates/chocolates and a bottle of red wine awaiting with the requisite club lounge access. So far so good...

...until I went to use the spa. It was a rainy weekend in Doha and I travelled to get some work done indoors and veg out in the spa. Obviously the weather is beyond control, but the spa was in pretty major disrepair. Specifically:
- The Jacuzzi wasn't hot at all and the water level was so low that the jets would spray water across the Jacuzzi and onto the floor
- The chilled pool was actually warmer than the water in the Jacuzzi
- The steam room wasn't working/producing steam
- The neighboring room to the steam room [chilled room, I believe] was "under repair" and closed off with a sign
- The sauna wasn't hot enough
- One of the three showers in the men's locker room was also under repair

Interestingly, there was also a new sign installed in the men's locker room between my last stay in November 2016 and this stay this February that read in block capitals "PLEASE REMAIN DECENT AND CHANGE IN PRIVATE." Eek.

Already let the reception know about these issues so hopefully they get sorted out. Will see what happens...

khabah