FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lanka and the Maldives
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:20 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
We did 3 weeks last spring -- 2 in SL, 1 in the Maldives (at Amilla Fushi, for what its worth). Sri Lanka was wonderful and I would go back in an instant. The people are great, the food is phenomenal and the historic and cultural sites are incredible. Yes, we liked it a lot. A travel agent that posts here occasionally set it up for us, I will pm you her name if you need an agent. We stayed at Tea Trails, a Jetwing property (local, but very nice if not CBRH standards, with absolutely excellent food), Amangalle, and a couple other places. Strangely Tea Trails was not quite up to expectations (kids and noise, but still excellent). Absolutely worth going to Sri Lanka, my only advice would be to take a plane (Cinnamon Air, for example) instead of the long drives if you are trying to get from the cultural triangle to Kandy or the southern beaches. Drives can take a very long time due to very low speeds (not nerve-wracking like driving in India, just slow). Happy to answer any specific questions you might have.