FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:35 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Here's another property to add to the thread: The Sheraton Charles Bridge. If anyone has specific questions, I'm here a few more days. Staying at some SPG properties gives me three more double points stays! The hotel is on par with the Marriott, so my comparisons will be to it and not the CY or Boscolo.

First Impressions:
  • The lounge is in temporary quarters on the ground floor. There seem to be average offerings, but the Marriott has the win on the lounge.
  • The service at the Sheraton is fantastic. While the Marriott's service is very good, everyone at this hotel seems to be going above and beyond with very personal, but not cloying or forced, service.
  • I was upgraded to a Duplex Suite, and have never been upgraded beyond Club Floor at the Marriott, so a qualified win to the Sheraton on this. The Duplex room is a little odd, though. The downstairs floor has a living area, but it's not a sleeper sofa, nor could one sleep on it. There is a full bathroom downstairs and another full bathroom upstairs. Both have high tubs, and neither has a walk-in shower. The clothes closet is downstairs and the bed upstairs. The stairs are steep, narrow and twisted. I'm not tall, but my head bangs agains the ceiling on the top couple steps unless I remember to crouch. Next time, I'll ask not to be in this type of room, but some might like its funkyness.
  • The Marriott is closer to the Old City and most tourist attractions, and it's in a fancyish neighorhood, but I walked around the Sheraton's neighborhood this afternoon and saw lovely old buildings, interesting shops (especially housewares) and some funky looking restaurants. Slight advantage Marriott, but very slight.
  • To get to my room, you need to navigate a couple small staircases on the ground floor, another half flight of steps on the sixth floor and the steps in the room to get to the bedroom. If this is a concern, stay at the Marriott.
  • The Sheraton was closer to where I need to be, but it was also $30/night less expensive. On a five night stay, that's $150, which made it worth it. Personally, if it's within $100 for the stay, I'd probably lean towards the Marriott.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and a good additional offering for us in Prague.