FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE:,Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2003 - 2011)
Old May 2, 2004, 3:25 pm
travlux
formerly nstreit

Programs: AA PLT, Swood Gold
Refud for re-ticketing charge

Date July 2003
AAdvantage none
Fare class: Business Class
Ticket: AA Mileage Award (lots and lots of miles
What happened: Flew LAX-JFK-ZRH-TLV round trip. The JFK-ZRH-TLV portion was Swiss Air, but as stated, the flight was booked on AA miles. While in TLV I made a change to my return ticket, leaving two days later from TLV. No problems changing the date of the ticket. AA customer service in the states was very helpful. However, when I arrived at that airport, SwissAir charged me a $100 re-ticketing fee. I explained the ticket was booked as a mileage award and the rules for the ticket allow for a change of date without any charge. I argued with the agent, but to no avail. Apparently, according to the ticketing agent, this happens frequently when AA changes the dates for a Swiss Air flight. Much to my chagrin I paid the $100 and filed a complaint upon my return.
Compensation: AFTER 6 months and the matter being transfered from AA to SwissAir I finally received a $175 refund on my credit card. Don't know how they came to that figure, but I did request in my linitial etter that if it took a long time that I be compensated either in the form of interest or mileage into my account.