FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:19 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Sounds like people can't find them through AS but they can through BA and other sources and book them?

Question is whether J or F saver availability on CX is goo 330 days out or not?

Or are people only finding availability close in?
Do you realize BA is just a TOOL. Since neither AA nor AS would show CX availability online? Nobody would book thru BA due to the very high level of Avios needed.

BA, QF and JL are tools to use to search for CX availability which is not shown on either AA or AS sites.
BA is the easiest to use and has less phantom availability than QF. JL is the most reliable but is also the hardest to use tool. Instead of calling AS and asking the agent to look up and down for you, the better approach is to do the homework yourself, find the available seats then call AS to book it.

Plenty of J as up to 8 seats are seen at schedule opening. 1F no matter what.

CX releases awards 360 days out. Both BA and QF can book them. I once booked thru BA with Avios a day earlier than AA opened up the booking window during the pre-deval frenzy. So I took the inventory out before AA could access it. Then within the 24 hours free cancelation window I called BA to cancel - the inventory went right back to CX award inventory. I called AA to book that seat while nobody was looking (may be EF ALERT was not quick enough, lol.)

After AA deval now you can see inventory showing up randomly between the initial window and the departure time.

I have booked 2 x 1F for a HKG-LAX in late Dec last year for an early Sept travel this year., long pass the opening of the booking window.
For the record our travel date still see many J seats on the 4 flights, one flight had 5 and another flight had 3, with 1 and 2 on the remaining 2. Even 1F seat was seen on one flight. That is Sept travel - less than 7 months from now.

Close in openings are quite reliable if not during peak traveling time.

So instead of keeping asking others questions why dont you just go check BA site and see for yourself on the availability scenario?!