FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The EL AL FAQ (Newbie Questions Welcome - Flame Free)
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:35 am
benberg2013
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I do not have a Flycard, so when I search for availability using points from say TLV to JFK, it shows on e.g. 20 March , no availablility. But from my friend's account, it is available as he has a flycard.
Now, When he goes to book, it shows as booking in Class H (rather than class E which are regular redemptions) which is flex.
Now, when looking at the Elal mileage earning chart, it shows that it is possible to earn points from flights booked in class H.
My question is, would a redemption flight such as this, booked into class H, earn miles? Or does the system somehow recognise that this was a mileage ticket?
Because with Air France, for example, they have different levels of redemption too, and if the lowest redemption tickets have gone, and therefore your ticket is booked into a higher class for more miles, it earns miles (though not many).

I just got off the phone with an agent who confirmed that it would not earn miles, but want to know if anyone had experience with this?