FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Utair vs Rusline vs Pobeda
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:58 am
frenchft

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
If you fly Pobeda you need to keep in mind that they have some draconian rules. You would have to pay for any hand baggage (except small laptop case),including duty-free bags. They do give you a 10KG allowance, though. They also have very strict seating rules (ie:you can not change the seat once on board,even if the a/c is empty). Also there is no catering of any sort on board:neither complimentary, nor BOB,only complimentary water.Apart from that they are a decent airline,with a brand new fleet of 738.

Otherwise,no real difference. Rusline uses regional jets,whereas Utair would assign you a 737. Neither of them are particularly good or bad in Y.
So, my feedback. I have flown pobeda and utair (rusline was 3 times more expensive, so i didn't).

In both cases, no Business class. Pobeda is a pain and cost you ton of cash if you travel with luggage, as you said : "draconian rules". My opinion : good for a cheap short trip with no luggage.

Utair : nothing bad, nothing good. ATR aircraft little bit tired. VKO airport terminal is nice but not english friendly at all, except that... not bad but nothing to say. Was ok for short flight.

If aeroflot is not operating, Utair can be a good option and VKO terminal is much faster than SVO mess.