FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shoddy Upgrade Offer and High Cost
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:20 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shoddy Upgrade Offer and High Cost

I had a reservation for a mid size at Fort Lauderdale FLL airport and when I asked for an American car (as opposed to a Japanese one) the agent said he had something special for me, which was a full size Chevrolet, s "signature" car I believe. When I returned it 9 days later at Miami airport I saw that I had been charged $700 extra for the upgrade. At no point did the agent tell me there was an extra cost with this upgrade, which seems a bit unsporting. Of course, if I had known I would have refused, especially given the high price, and remained with whatever they offered me.

Needless to say, I thought the upgrade was complimentary and put my initials in all the spots required without checking properly, which will probably work against me in the end. Avis customer service was no help, saying I had to contact the office at FLL, and the second customer service agent I got was almost belligerent about it.

Needless to say, no-one at FLL answers the phone, so I will have to persevere (somebody answered once, but the manager was not available). Do you think there is any way I will get even a partial recovery with this? Reminder to you all, spend those extra minutes checking what you are signing for.