FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:01 pm
atuzai

Special invitation to apply for AA Platinum Card - Bonus even if closed recently?

Hi all,

I recently received a mail offer to apply for a citi AA Platinum card with 60K points after 3K spend; I closed an AA card within 24 months, so normally I would not qualify for the bonus. But curiously, the terms of this "special invitation" does not include the language about not eligible for bonus if opened or closed an account within 24 month; the other languages are identical with those found on the website of the public offer of 50K.

There is no phone number on the mail, although I could of course call the main citi phone number and will probably be transferred to the right person eventually after some lengthy wait. Not looking forward to that, and knowing the collected wisdom of this forum, I want to first ask here: does any one has insights on whether or not I will receive the bonus if I do apply?

Thanks a lot!

Atuzai