FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Skipping Segment, Hidden City / Point Beyond / Throw Away Ticketing (master thd)
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:42 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by HGF
Sorry in advance for all the abstraction, but I think AA could figure out who I am if I post all of the actual cities in here based on how specific this is. All segments are on AA unless otherwise noted.

I currently have a ticket booked through AA from AAA-BBB-CCC where BBB is a stopover and BBB-CCC is on a Oneworld partner. Call this Ticket 1
I also have on a separate ticket booked through AA CCC-DDD-EEE all on AA flights departing the day after flying BBB-CCC. I am already going to be throwing away DDD-EEE. Call this Ticket 2
I want to change BBB-CCC to the next day due to a friend meeting up with me in BBB. The change fee alone on Ticket 1 is more than the cost of booking a separate ticket for BBB-CCC on a different airlinee, so I want to just throw away BBB-CCC on Ticket 1 and book the other ticket.
​​​1. Should I be concerned about AA noticing me throwing away BBB-CCC on Ticket 1 and then the next day also throwing away DDD-EEE on Ticket 2?

Additionally, after taking the trip above, I also have a ticket booked through AA in the near future from AAA-FFF-GGG-FFF-AAA where I only plan on only flying AAA-FFF (the RT to GGG was way cheaper than just a OW or a RT to FFF). FFF-GGG-FFF is on a Oneworld partner. Call this Ticket 3
I then have a separate award ticket FFF-AAA ticket that departs after my thrown away segments in Ticket 3. Call this Ticket 4
2. Should I be concerned about AA cancelling Ticket 4 if I throwaway 3/4 segments on Ticket 3?
3. Should I also be concerned about AA noticing a pattern after doing throwaway ticketing on 3 tickets within 2 months and twice in 2 days? These trips will be the first time I have ever thrown away any segments.
My feeling is XXX about the ZZZ portion-- could lead to ABC or even 123!