FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Come to Amtrak; we don’t undress you, we don't mess with you.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:39 am
BSpeaker

Programs: HAL Platinum, JetBlue, KrisFlyer, NWA, USAirways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by Critic
Private contractors are still held to the same BS standards as "real" TSA airports - and often they're wors than the real thing because they have to prove their worth. See all the complaints about SFO.
^ Agreed. Some of my worst travel experiences have been at tiny airports who have something to prove. No one wants to be Boston Logan. They're afraid some bad guy will transit through their tiny airport and then be inside security at the next airport. It's brutal at airports on the Hawaiian neighbor Islands, in central Midwestern small town airports and those in the suburbs of major airports (aka, all those around LAX.) As I type this I realize I just need to get more jobs in big cities and stop flying out of those places.

Edit to add: I'm never worried about LE Officers, <redacted by moderator>. I do feel safer with LE officers just observing and paying attention. <redacted by moderator>.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 9, 2017 at 10:47 am Reason: Gross pejorative generalization of TSA employees