FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest restaurant patron I've witnessed
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:28 am
Syrgul

Originally Posted by oh_lol
When I was still in Uni, I went on a trip to the USA with my best friend to visit our friends still at college.
Since we were all pretty poor students, my best friend ordered a burger at a diner and then asked for it WITHOUT any of the salad, thinking it was going to make it cheaper. He then asked the rest of us with our normal burgers if he could get some lettuce, tomato etc off us so he could put it on his.
He ended up being charged the normal amount for his burger too
My experience was slightly reversed. Back in my university days, I used to order my burgers without stuff I didn't really care for, like no mayo, no mustard, etc... One of my friends inquired why I'd do that, because to him, even if you didn't like it, those were calories you paid for that you weren't getting. This guy used to get extra whatever he could on his burgers that didn't cost any extra, so he'd avoid extra cheese (a $0.30 cost) but would ask for extra lettuce, or extra pickles, etc, because he could get more of those without paying more. Of course, he was also the kind of person who filled his pockets with ketchup packets to use at home too.