FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex BA Premium Plus - new fee policy or a mistake???
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:01 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I still get my Premium Plus card for free. This is due to having a Amex Platinum Charge card.

I don't actually use either!
Originally Posted by layz
That letter is so badly worded. I got my BA PP Amex in 2012 and despite having a Platinum Card since 2008 and various other Amex since 2003 I had to pay the full fee because they no longer gave a free BAPP to those with the Platinum Card or a discount to those who held another Amex.

So it looks like they're pulling the plug on those who got a discounted BAPP and using the fee rise as the time to do it.
These two experiences seem to completely contrast each other.

My most recent correspondence in this matter was from July 2016 in which Amex wrote to me:

"To make sure we can continue to offer the existing range of rewards and benefits linked to your Card, we are increasing the membership fee from £150 to £195 per year. Please note that this fee only becomes payable if you no longer hold an applicable Companion Charge Card alongside your British Airways Card."

My most recent statement includes the following wording:

"Fees > No annual cardmembership fee is payable for so long as you hold an Amex companion card. Otherwise an annual fee of £195 will become payable."

I've had the BAPP card since inception and have never paid an annual fee for it.

Very odd.