FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IBERIA - Refusing Compensation and lies
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:27 pm
Yllanes

Originally Posted by Geirinhas
Yllanes, they said that it was due to weather circumstances but how do you explain that the flight IB3107 with worse conditions departed from Lisbon and arrived on time at Madrid without any problem?

Ok, the weather conditions weren't the best but some flights (like the example that I presented) didn't had any problems.
Bad weather generally means that operations are slowed down, not that the airport closes completely. Some flights will arrive on time or with minor delays. I obviously don't know about your case, but the fact that there was a flight between the same two cities that arrived on time the same morning is not definitive. I'm just saying that if it actually was because of weather, the monetary compensation does not apply.

The law says that I have the right to be rebooked to the earliest flight posible (doesn't specify if is on Iberia or any other airline). That was denied to me and I know that it was posible.
The law requires them to rebook you under comparable conditions and "at the earliest opportunity". It is unfortunately a grey area whether this extends to rebooking you on another airline. Of course, most airlines tend to choose the interpretation that it doesn't.

I would recommend taking a look at the EC261 thread on the BA forum, which has a lot of good information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html

Please understand that I'm not defending the airline's handling of your case, I just mean to spare you the aggravation, since I don't think you will get anywhere by fighting this.