FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sat next to COS
Thread: Sat next to COS
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:23 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by Allan38103
Is anyone else calling BS on this one?

First, it's "open seating". Enough said.

OP said he was a through passenger. He's already on board - even before the pre-boards. The post suggests that the flight was full. Was there ANY open seat available? Did the COS couple buy an extra seat (or two) according to WN's guidelines?

If OP is seeking an IDB after the flights lands, it's a bit late. "We can't make the other passenger thin for you, and we can't change your seat after you've landed. So here's $50. Sorry. Next."
There were no extra seats available as the Flight Attendant said this would be a full flight. The COS did not purchase a second seat. Due to the boarding it was hard to move my bag(by this point a lot of the overhead space was filled) and I waited until the first possible moment without interfering with the boarding passengers.

I am waiting to hear back from Customer Service as the COS policy was not followed as the COS encroached on my seat and I had less than half of my seat. As this was 100 percent full flight another passenger would have been in my situation and may have been rude about it. I dealt with it in a discreet manner and will be hearing from Customer Service.