FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:19 pm
boonkoh

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
The hotel and room are nice for a Crowne Plaza. Not much choice really in Copenhagen as there is only one IHG property there!

Beware it is a bit far from the city centre as it is located in a business area of Copenhagen.

Breakfast is an exorbitant 185DKK although I have to admit it was really good (unlimited smoked salmon!)

Really cheap 15DKK shuttle bus to the airport

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe. Best flexible rate.
Received no upgrade, apparently they don't give out upgrades to Platinum anymore, new policy. Also no free Club Lounge access anymore either.

How are the rooms?
Spacious, modern as the building is quite new. Solid Crowne Plaza standard, definitely not reaching 4+ stars IC standard.

How is the exec. lounge?
Access denied

What was good and what was bad?
Choice of 600 points or free drink and snacks as Platinum welcome gift
No more upgrades or lounge access for Platinum members. I believe also not for Spire members - only for Spire Elite, according to the reception, due to too many Platinum and Spire members

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Pretty pricey hotel for DK1250+ (on average) for what you get. Quite standard CP rooms, and no upgrade unless you're Spire Elite. Unless you're really chasing IHG nights, I would consider other hotels in Copenhagen. You can get more central and nicer for the same price or less.