FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2017-2019)
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:22 am
edealinfo12345

Originally Posted by mhdena
Did you do this? Sounds like you didn't use the PRG to make the purchase, how/why do you think Amex would know? The credits are automatic, in most cases.

Consumer $100 Airline Fee Credit
Benefit is available to Premier Rewards Gold Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $100 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select a qualifying airline at http://www.americanexpress.com/selectafc.

Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits.
I asked the question on the pRG, because I had previously held the Blue Sky Preferred card, which only offered reimbursement for airline incidents if the cost of the ticket was also charged to Amex. And the benefit was not automatic. One had to call, and the person on the other end of the line would check if the ticket was actually charged to the card and only then issue the credit.

I am glad that PRG is different.