FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:31 am
frequent-traveller

thats actually good news.
i only can talk about our experience almost 3yrs back in may 2014.

the hotel was new and and had that time good comments and belonged to the ytl group.
ytl also managed the starhill gallery down below of the Jw Marriott K.L. with the Shouk restaurant

before stayed always at the Jw Marriott K.l., but in 2014 decided to book the majestic hotel.

It was not important for us to earn points or keeping status with Marriott. It was important to have a nice vacation for a good value of money.

That why we booked the Majestic
Booked that time a standard room which was good enough incl. Breakfast and dinner buffet. Was a special offer on Hotels.com that time. On other sites you only got for the same price only the room without breakfast.

jst. Checked my email reservations from 2014 and had a daily roomrate of 156,- USD/night incl breakfast and dinner buffet.

We decided that time to try something new. We didnt care about the Room upgrade in the Jw Marriott K.l. And Lounge and complimentery Breakfast when i was Platinum.
we never regret to have choosen the majestic.

we took the new wing. Room was always clean and modern and big. Definately better than the JW marriott. Hotel breakfast wasnt crowded as in the Jw marriott kl. where the staff was just doing their job. Breakfast choice was good and everything freshly made also special wishes for our little daughter that time.

And the dinner buffet was so delicious. Alot of international choice, seafood alot....., malaysian dishes etc.... free flow of drinks.

for that time roughly 160,-usd/night a very good deal.
Not sure how much it is nowadays.

pro: - better room compare jw marriott
- good quality breakfast and less crowded
- better service compare jw marriott
- bus shuttle to Starhill Gallery (Jw Marriott)
and Kl Sentral. Not sure if they still provide

cons: - slightly away from the shopping malls, but did not disturbed us, especislly when we had anyway dinner inclusive.

Last edited by frequent-traveller; Feb 5, 2017 at 8:03 am