FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:14 pm
jarredlt

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Using QF via Award Nexus (www.awardnexus.com), right now I find:
BKK - DFW
dep 11-16 | 08:25
arv 11-16 | 16:00
CX - AA (connect at HKG)
1 Economy
~ 21 hrs

BKK - DFW
dep 11-16 | 06:45
arv 11-16 | 16:00
CX - AA (connect at HKG)
1 Economy
~ 23 hrs
I did a search using QF for all 3 dates you mentioned for BKK-DFW. It showed a lot of other result going in the other direction, but AA doesn't allow those a single award (you'd have to use two awards). QF found at least 1 part-business-class routing but it was 27& in economy.

I then reran the same search using BA and got the same results plus identical 2 flight choices for dep 11-17 arv 11-17 also, but no business class results at all.

Award Nexus is free (up to a point) for FlyerTalk users. Click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up for free as a FlyerTalk member.

What I like about Award Nexus is it has a much nicer user interface than BA and lets you choose whether to search through BA and/or QF, and as you can see each of those may give somewhat different results!

The "cost" to do all these searches once was a total of 12 points, and you get 200 points free when you signup, and then every 90 days you can reload 100 more points for free (once you're below 10 points). So that gives an idea of how many searches could do free.

AA doesn't fly to HKG from very many cities, so I hope DFW is good enough for you.
Either of these would work. These would cost 37500 points correct? To book I just call AA?