FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:59 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Clicking on a thread from the forums main page resulted in a full-screen page, with a repeating Yes/No popup and an attempt to steal browser data - see the extension that it tries to install in the background!

This is seriously nasty stuff, and I have to say that FT is having more and more of these 'issues'. Especially on mobile this is a problem, but sometimes - like this time - even on a full desktop version.

Browser: Chrome latest version

Screenshot:

Had to kill chrome to prevent it from installing the plugin. Looking at the plugin description it seems that over 30K people have already fallen victim of this BS app:
http://upload.xandrios.net/148622395...2017.03.32.png

To be clear, such extension that reads all data sent from/to websites has one single purpose: Steal user login credentials. From hacked Facebook accounts, to Paypal, to online banking.

I own a few websites myself and fully understand and support the usage of ads. But please do make sure to deal with honest and proper brokers - as this is going much, much too far!

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 4, 2017 at 9:08 am