FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of concierge pay
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:31 am
songsc

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by pitz
There's lots of people who work at minimally paying jobs, just so they can be around, be influenced by, and have cursory access to such people.

Concierges routinely deal with sports stars, movie stars, leaders of business, etc.
Here is an observation I have on YYZ-YVR route. People in J are likely to read newspapers, books, and work on their computers. People in Y are likely to watch movies, play on their phones, sleep (I am talking about mid day flights there, not about red-eyes or early morning departures). I am not saying one activity is better or worse than the other, but when these is a noticeable distinction between J and Y, it tells something isn't it.

However, whether people working in J will learn or not is another story. If they do learn, then they will probably move to better positions very quickly.

Originally Posted by pitz
I imagine that over time, a well connected smart concierge could come privy to enough information that they could make some decent stock trades (without being insiders, of course!). And certainly be on top of many trends in fashion, business, etc., before they even become mainstream.
If they do process these skills, they probably won't be FAs/MLL Dragons/Concierges for long.