FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Heads Off Trump Tensions With Pledge Not to Grow in U.S.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:24 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by thbe
In your quote I can find Western Europe, Australia, South America, North America, Southeast Asia and South Asia.

For you it's a prove about something about China and Africa. Interesting.
I am not sure which part of the following sentence is not clear: "Etihad is contracting in all regions except Western Europe and Australia in 2017."

Neither China nor Africa are in Western Europe or Australia.

Originally Posted by thbe
Btw: I thought, that Trump is ellected for at least four years. You focus on 2017. Do you have any breaking news about that, you like to share?
Airlines are not yet planning route launches or destinations much beyond 2018. If you think that many, or all, airlines have firm, unalterable plans laid out for networks right up to 2020, then you are mistaken. Too much can happen in between to change such plans. Some airlines announce a new route with a year's lead in or more (such as Qatar's announcement of Auckland, since delayed on numerous occasions, and Qantas's announcement of London-Perth more than a year ahead of planned launch). Others announce a new route with only a few weeks/month's lead in (such as Emirates' announcement of Auckland, in response to the Qatar announcement, which they managed to start within 2 months or so from the announcement). Others announce new launches which never happen.

Anything planned for 2018, 2019 or 2020 is, for now, merely provisional. Market forces, aircraft deliveries, and many other factors can affect plans so they are not made that far in advance.