FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flew to Vancouver from LA lately...
Old Dec 6, 1999, 9:51 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You have been most fortunate, West Coast Flyer. The past 2 years at the MVP Gold lunch, one of the biggest gripes (among generally positive or constructive comments) is the abandonment of the F cabin by the flight attendants at a time they are chatting in the back galley. None of us had a problem with the F going to help the other 2 to get a quick meal out on a quick flight, but I'd say on about 1/2 my flights, she won't even come and do a "pass through" every 1/2 hour. AS knows this has been a problem and it HAS been getting better. On one trip last year (3.5 hr flight) after 45 mins, I finally went up to the back galley and "disturbed" our flight attendant for some coffee. 4 of the 8 passengers in F wanted some. Yet somehow I feel like an idiot by ringing the bell. A few months ago, I actually RANG the bell after over 1/2 hr of abandonment, only to have my call IGNORED. After talking with a small group of other MVP Golds, I find my incidents not isolated at all.

I say all this as a loyal AS flyer, since 1986. Overall, I think our new AS flyer here will find the experience very positive.