FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Voluntary Award Change: date, time, routing, airline, co-terminal, cost
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:54 am
chichow

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
not sure where to put this, but giving it a shot here

AA Flyertalk

tl;dr
I have an AA award ticket (62.5k) JAL F made prior to the devaluation in March 2016 which I want to change and AA is stating that I need to pay $150 to redeposit and pay the additional 17.5k if I want to use the award on the original routing LAX - NRT routing in February.

I think AA is wrong, but maybe I am wrong. AA FT thoughts? My alternative is to pay $150 and redeposit the miles and just find another way back which I can do via Chase Sapphire points.

==

Key point: I called AA on March 20-21 2016 APAC time and reserved two JAL F awards. So I have two deductions of 62.5k from my account. Weird thing is in my AA account they deducted 62.5k on March 23, 2016 and March 28, 2016. I had no problem with the re scheduling date wise the award that was ticketed on March 23, 2016. I am having a problem with the LAX - NRT award that is associated with the March 28, 2016 deduction.

The agents are saying and have helpfully notated my PNR that I must pay the new 80k pricing and pay $150 to redeposit the miles and rebook when I thought that since I booked pre-devaluation and am within the 1 year prior to March 22 2017 that I can re apply the award at the 62.5k level.

My thoughts are that I initiated the booking prior to the devaluation and the mileage cost was 62.5 and so it should not be 80k within the one year.

Thanks so much for your thoughts

I am basing my information of various blogs such as

American AAdvantage will have a huge award chart devaluation for bookings as of March 22, 2016.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...uation-awards/