FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Processor Glitches
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:32 pm
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Here is my recent experience:

PE upgrade did not happen at the upgrade time and the cabin was wide open. At 24 hours was able to move to PE at 24 hour OLCI without any fee. I think this may be how they want it to happen because complaints about people moving from their exit row seat.

Could see all the people listed on the FC waitlist including those now in a PE seat.

Was later upgraded to FC from a PE seat automatically overnight despite my monitoring the flight religiously. In fact you can see the list of everyone upgraded within 24 hours on the app.

It worked how it should. In the olden days I would wake up in the middle of the night at the 8 hour mark to check U space because I was so paranoid.

In the past I have lost out to U upgrades, just sitting on the list, by someone that did a paid upgrade during OLCI.

My flight tomorrow has 6 paid F seats remaining and no one has been upgraded.
This is odd because Missy said that upgrades to PE would happen at the elite windows but everyone is reporting that they can't move to PE for free until T-24 which means it really doesn't matter what elite level you are...everyone waits until T-24 or you pay....weird...not sure if it's just a technical glitch, or like you said, maybe that's the way the meant it to work.