FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Processor Glitches
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:13 am
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Upgrade Processor Glitches

I feel like a chump for asking this, but I almost always book paid premium, instant-upgrade fares, or apply GGUs, so I am only now dealing with a reservation that is going to the window for upgrades in the new world order.

I just crossed into the window, and the flight in question is wide open both in F and in "Premium Class". However, neither upgrade processed, DESPITE the fact that the Alaska website shows upgrade availability if I go to buy the flight. I called the Gold desk, and they confirmed that they also saw upgrade space.

So... then I gave them the PNR and asked what's up, and they said "oh, I was mistaken, there is no upgrade space." I asked why they just told me there was, and they said "oh, I was actually just looking on the web, not our internal system." ...?!?

First, why wouldn't an AS agent actually use their own system? I can use the Web myself, thankyouverymuch. The reason I call in is to get the actual scoop.

Second, is there really an inconsistency between the AS website and the actual back-end these days? I'm well familiar with the old upgrade processor getting stuck, but I thought the new one was supposed to fix things...

Third, the premium class upgrade hasn't processed either, despite the fact only 3 seats are occupied in the entire premium cabin, which makes me think something is actually gunked up in the reservation. Should I HUCA, or is this usual for the new system?