FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Seats, Amenities, & Experiences on Delta's A350
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:17 am
Longboater

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Well, first off your photos are comparing apples and oranges. You are showing a focus of the middle two seats vs a solo seat. Secondly, your 2nd is not a photo at all but a glorified 2D rendering. Third, if you simply take away the partition with a small plastic half door, I see the similarity I pointed out. It as if they took the seat off the 767, the partition off the A330, and invested in a plastic thin door. It looks nothing like a true "Suite" and I think its hilarious to try and market with likes of true superior products.
Comparing the 767 Thompson Vantage product to the A350/777 Thompson Vantage XL is comparing apples to oranges. The 767 Vantage seat is 19.6-21.3 inches wide with rather limited storage space whereas the A350/777 Vantage XL seat is 24-25 inches wide with added storage space. The added door is Delta calling this a Suite. Is it comparable to International F? No, not even close. But its damn good as International J. The much larger Thompson Vantage XL seat has received much better reviews than the narrow standard Vantage seat. Again, if the 767 Thompson Vantage seat were to be installed on the A350/777, it would be in a rotating 2-2-1 and 1-2-2 configuration due to the width of the aircraft whereas it could only fit 1-2-1 on the 767.